Godzilla vs Megalon is 51 years old today!



At a time when there was precious little live-action Kaiju-fighting ROBOTs on TV, I was literally starved for anything.  

So every now and then I would chance upon a random Godzilla movie on Saturday afternoon and this one had Jet Jaguar!

I am from the planet Remulak...  er.. France, I mean.

 A complete non-sensical Ultraman-like robot.  How does he gain sentience? How does this simple robot have the energy to create mass to be Godzilla sized?  Why does he become dumb as a stump after the fight is over?  Why is he smiling like the freaking Joker?

All good questions.  All questions that I did not care about because I got a live-action Kaiju-fighting Robot teaming up with Godzilla!  

Sure, Captain Cosmic (God Rest His Soul) eventually brought me "Space Giants", "Ultraman", "Spectreman", and "Johnny Socko and his Flying Robot"...  All of which I loved dearly.  

Space Giants and Gandalf



Ultraman (1966) - His breast enhancements were still settling into place at the taking of this photo.

Resting Frown-Face Spectreman


I would have literally killed for a voice-activated-robot-controlling watch like that.  ..as a child of course.


What I REALLY wanted and I longed for Red Baron Super Robot which I finally got on DVD somewhere in the 2000s.. but that's a different subject.

Ear lasers? Shoulder AND Breast Rockets?  Upside down jet wings?  He's got everything!


ANYWAYS, but I think I watched "Godzilla versus Megalon" before Captain Cosmic got "Space Giants" on KTVU Channel 2.  It is all a little hazy now.

But Happy 51st Birthday "Godzilla versus Megalon" - You brought me Jet Jaguar and I think I love you.





Comments