A very interesting article: The Charges Against ActionScript 3.0 compiled, expressed, and detailed by Colin Moock.
- The removal of on()/onClipEvent() from Flash CS3 makes creating simple interactivity hard.
- Getting rid of loaded .swf files is hard.
- Casting DisplayObject.parent makes controlling parent movie clips hard.
- The removal of getURL() makes linking hard.
- The removal of loadMovie() makes loading .swf files and images hard.
- ActionScript 3.0's additional errors make coding cumbersome.
- Referring to library symbols dynamically is unintuitive.
- Adding custom functionality to manually created text fields, to all movie clips, or to all buttons is cumbersome.
- The removal of duplicateMovieClip() makes cloning a MovieClip instance (really) hard