|Artist's rendition of the front of museum|
- Raising $3 million by December 2014
- Completing the exhibit and architectural designs by October 2014
- Finding a suitable location in the Washington, DC metropolitan area
But if you can't wait to see a real museum with Science Fiction aspects, consider going to the EMP building in Seattle, Washington: there is:
- the perpetual Icons of Science Fiction exhibit with stuff like Superman (Christopher Reeves-version), T-1000 shiny skull, Dalek(!), Kirk's command chair and other things to geek out about.
- and a rotating exhibit - this time - about FANTASY: WORLDS OF MYTH AND MAGIC
Been there twice and it is pretty darn awesome.
And for the muggles, the perpetual Music and Sound Lab is really fun. You could spend hours here!