Ok ok... one more Star Wars thing - BB8

Last Star Wars thing for a least a week.

I have to admit that BB8 is evokes the sense of wonder I felt when I first saw R2D2 rolling around the sand dunes and getting scared before the Jawas' paralyzed him with their electro-thingy.

My son got a BB8 toy and it is a R2D2-like head floating on top of a rolling sphere.  AND it isn't some CG thing.  I have to hand it to the Star Wars crew.  It is ingenious because it is REAL.  I guess we have gotten spoiled and bored by CG (I'm looking at you, Avengers:Age of Ultron)...

When we see it is something real?  It kinda blows my mind again.  (this is a cool intro to BB8 and the toy)




And here's the obligatory video with the BB8 toy with, of course, puppies.




I'm trying really really hard not to get my hopes up...  Will it be like Mission Impossible 3 (which I didn't like) or Star Trek (which I really did like)?


Comments

  1. The Wave3:13 PM PDT

    Droid puppies!!! Which is cuter!?!?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you have hit on it. Droid puppies are the perfect amalgam of cuteness.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment