Oscar Goldman - Six Million Dollar Man, Bionic Woman Co-Star Richard Anderson Dead at 91

Richard Anderson Dead at 91 - TV's Oscar Goldman.  Steve's, Jaime's, and Dr. Rudy Wells's boss.

Though, I admit as a kid I always wanted "Less Oscar; more Bionic stuff."

But it was the first TV series to series crossover that I really cared about.  It blew my mind when Steve Austin wasn't going to be the only bionic hero (Max the bionic dog didn't count); his fiancee was now ALSO bionic.

When was my bionic chance coming, Dr. Rudy Wells?  How many brushes with a steep hill, ramp and death must I take before I go FULL BIONIC?

(topic for another time),

Anyways  this was one of the first shared TV universes I can remember and I loved it.  I mean, I wasn't as fond of Bionic Woman's regular adventures as a reluctant spy/public school teacher. Of course, I watched it anyways.  (Fembots!)

Oscar Goldman was the constant in both shows.  Stern, caring, had the money and the missions...  kind of like a dad.  His "action" figure even had a briefcase like my dad used every day.  (Non-exploding; more Corporate Tax accounting documents; ZERO bionic data)

I watched a few early episodes recently and found it was more spy-mystery than I remembered as a kid.  Again I only remembered the sensational episodes: Bigfoot, Probe tank(?), John Saxon (aka Mask-a-Tron), More Bigfoot...

Again many thanks for a series and actor that brought me so much inspiration and joy.

(Though I eventually I had to unlearn that running in slow-motion wasn't actually running faster...  )




Comments