80's memory ::: 'The Fantasy Trip' FINALLY returns to Steve Jackson

Oh man!  I LOVED 'Wizard'.   I skipped the non magical 'Melee' because it was obvious Wizards can beat up the Melee Warrior with the FACE RIPPING spell.

(FACE RIPPING Spell doesn't ACTUALLY exist in the game, unfortunately)

Using STR to power your spells always seemed to make sense to me as casting magic SHOULD be exhausting.

I only have $4.  What?  I can buy a full game?  TAKE MY MONEY

I even bought all of the Advanced Melee/Wizard/Into the Labyrinth -- though I have to admit that I mostly played the initial CORE Wizard game.

I didn't realize that they weren't part of current Steve Jackson's stable of games. I just thought they forgot about republishing stuff from it.  So Metagaming had it all of these years!!

Kinda reminds of the the whole Villains and Vigilantes ownership rights legal problem (link).

Steve Jackson said he might Kickstart it in 2018!  I will try to stay strong and NOT BUY EVERY LEVEL!!!

SOURCE: (link)

BTW: If anyone is still listening, I still love Lords of the Underearth... and a picture of the box to remind you.. (link)
I remember it fondly.





Comments