We have caught up with the "Future" - Johnny Mnemonic - January 17, 2021


Don't get me wrong.  

I, too, was disappointed with 'Johnny Mnemonic' when I saw it in the theatres.

Dolph as a street preaching assassing?

Dolphin as a crack addicted cyber hacker?

Blue pill Neo in his pre-Matrix role?

And January 17,2021 seemed like so far off future date back then.   *sigh*

Although I have to admit, if someone told me the plot line for the last 10 months, I would have thought _it_ was also a pretty dumb movie.  


"Totally unbelievable set of public contradictions" 

"No one would be able to get away with that.  The public would be outraged."

"No one or group of people could that gullible."

"Too many things going on at once.  Confusing plot."


Now where's my monofilament razor wire?

Better thoughts on the movie:  https://www.tor.com/2021/01/26/is-it-possible-that-johnny-mnemonics-future-is-better-than-our-own/

Comments