This is one of the most depressing things I have read... Age of Bruce Wayne in "Dark Knight Returns" comic.


When I read "Dark Knight Returns" back in 1986, I was marvelled how an old man again donned the cape and cowl of The Batman.  

 “This should be agony. I should be a mass of aching muscle--broken, spent, unable to move. And, were I an older man, I surely would... But I am a man of thirty--of twenty again. The rain on my chest is a baptism--I’m born again.”

According the research on this website (link), this person calculates the age of Bruce Wayne based on the comic clues in various series starting with Batman Year One etc....

Bruce Returns as Batman, James Gordon Retires (Batman: The Dark Knight Returns):

  • Bruce Wayne – 48 Years Old
  • James Gordon – 70 Years Old
  • Barbara Gordon – 36 Years Old
  • Richard Grayson – 33 Years Old
  • Carrie Kelley – 13 Years Old

48 years old?  Crap.

I'm now older than Bruce Wayne in "Dark Knight Returns."


Comments